Q. How do I check out library books, technology, and other items during the Fall 2020 semester?
The library is open with limited in-person services for current Fresno State students and faculty. See below for how you can borrow materials from the library.
Tech Lending items can be requested through our website and be picked up by appointment at the desk. Return Tech Lending items at the desk anytime the library is open. No appointment needed.
BOOKS & MEDIA
You can borrow books, DVDs, and other items in the library by requesting them through OneSearch.
Place requests through OneSearch:
- Search for items in OneSearch as usual, and select a book or other item you want to check out.
- Choose the button that says "Sign in for more options."
- Choose "Fresno State Users" to log in.
- You should then see a "Request" link (you will need to click this a second time). For items with multiple volumes, you'll be able to choose which volume you want to request. For some items, like DVDs, you may see a choice between "hold" and "book." Choose "hold."
- Repeat these steps to request additional items. You will only have to log on once.
- Madden Library staff will retrieve the items you requested and will send you an email when they are ready.
The video below shows you how to request books using the steps listed above.
Pick Up Your Items
Come to the library to pick up your items. You'll find them on Order Pickup shelves just inside the lobby, in a bag with your name. Remember to bring your Fresno State ID and a mask!
Check Out Your Items
Check out your items using the Self Checkout machines in the lobby. Library staff will be available if you need help.
CSU+ AND INTERLIBRARY LOAN
CSU+ and Interlibrary Loan services have restarted. Items can be requested as usual and picked up at the library. These services may be somewhat slower than usual due to limited staffing and hours at partner libraries. Items borrowed through CSU+ or ILL can be returned inside the library or in the book drop near the front doors of the library.
Didn't find the information you need? Contact us via chat, email, or phone. We're happy to help!