Q. Is the Henry Madden Library open?
Henry Madden Library announces on-campus and virtual services for Fall 2020 semester:
- During Fall 2020, the Henry Madden Library will be open with limited in-person services for current Fresno State students and faculty.
- Hours will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- A reduced area of the first floor of the library will be accessible to students and faculty picking up books and devices from the Library, and for those with appointments at DISCOVERe or Services for Students with Disabilities.
- The number of people in the building will be limited to a safe capacity to ensure proper social distancing measures and face masks are required.
- Bulldog Cards will also be required for entrance into the building using a card swipe at the main entrance.
The library’s virtual services will also be in full effect beginning August 12 with librarians at the Virtual Desk 9 a.m - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for phone and email consultations. The popular 24/7 librarian chat feature is also available for students and faculty with questions about research. Textbook reserves are limited, so subject librarians are available to help students and faculty find e-resources to meet their needs. The OneSearch feature at the library website is the first stop for searching all of the library’s resources, online or in-building.
Madden Library’s Access Services (Circulation) has also launched a paging service to request materials and resources that are only available in our building:
- Students and faculty can request a book, DVD, or item from our collections through the OneSearch feature, and will be notified by email when items are ready to pick up using a contact-free, self-service check-out system. More information can be found here.
- Tech Lending items can be requested through our website and be picked up by appointment at the desk.
- CSU+ and Interlibrary Loan Services have also restarted, and items can be picked up at the library.
See our Fall 2020 Library Services at a Glance page for information about specific service points in the Henry Madden Library. We are also providing a map of library service locations (PDF), so that you can navigate the new layout on the first floor successfully.
Didn't find the information you need? Contact us via chat, email, or phone. We're happy to help!